Sunday, January 31, 2016

Review: All of It

All of It All of It by Kim Holden
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

To start off with, I LOVED "Bright Side". I ADORED "Gus". And I ENJOYED "All of It".

I read the books out of order based on when they were published. Maybe this would have changed my rating of "All of It"? I don't know. I liked this novel, I really did. But it's not one that I will purchase for my own collection. And it probably won't be one that I re-read either. Now, Holden's other two novels? Totally bought all versions and will re-read when I can handle the mental abuse again.

Veronica. Man, she is something else. For the first 50% of this book, I flew through it and loved the story. I loved how Dimitri threw Veronica for a loop, making her stumble over her normal, everyday routine of life and got Veronica to live out of her box. But the second Veronica started doubting her life and decided that she needed to make a major change in order to keep the balance? Then I started to drag throughout the novel.

The "twist" of the novel was very obvious to me. (This is totally a spoiler to anyone who has read the series I'm about to mention...sorry about that!) Maybe because I just finished reading the Fallen series by Lauren Kate? Or maybe because it was supposed to be obvious to the reader. Either way, I almost wanted Dimitri to blurt it out and fess up way before he did, so Veronica would understand how much he really loves her, instead of letting her do her own thing for all those months.

I love Dimitri. He is so dedicated. So loyal. So mysterious, yet not. He has the patience of a saint, and with all of his knowledge, he still lives life to its potential, which I admire so much.

So overall, I enjoyed this novel. I probably should have read it before "Bright Side" to get the whole effect of the novel, but I can't change what happened so I'm enjoying this novel for what it is now. Kim Holden is one of my all-time favorite authors and I'm very excited to see what else she has in store for us next, because knowing her talent, it will be beyond believable!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment