Saturday, July 2, 2011

City of Fallen Angels

Sigh. I really, really wanted to like this book. I was iffy at first because I liked the way City of Glass ended and didn't want to ruin the amazing ending that we were left with. And I have to say, this book was amazing because of the plot line, the further character development I learned about all of the characters, and being able to see Simon in action with his new... tattoo shall we say (in case any of you readers don't know what happened to Simon in City of Glass).

However, I have to admit, I really dislike the ending. I can't complain too much - there are 2 more books coming out in the series. This is not the overall ending to a great story. I just wish that I had the next 2 books right now so I wouldn't be left with this ending!

Also, I was shocked because I was under the impression that this was about Simon. Granted, I learned a lot more about Simon's character than I did from the previous book, but it was definitely evened out between the characters. (Not that I'm complaining, I love reading about Jace and Clary!)

Overall, it was worth the wait to finally read this book! (Because, let's face it, all of Cassandra Clare's fans have probably read this book 2 or 3 times since it's been released). Even though I complained about some aspects of the book, it doesn't change the fact that Cassandra Clare once again wrote a beautifully installment to her series and it can only get better, right?

By the way, I loved finding clues throughout the novel that will probably become more detailed in the new Infernal Devices novels when they are released!

No comments:

Post a Comment