Friday, October 25, 2019

Review: The Book Boyfriend by Karli Perrin

The Book Boyfriend The Book Boyfriend by Karli Perrin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was such a good novella. Parts of it were very realistic - especially the book signing experience. The description Karli Perrin gave for the author event reminded SO MUCH of Penned Con in St. Louis, MO. And the way the readers reacted to their authors? So on point. The unrealistic part (at least for me) was the instantly falling in love bit between Zara and Jackson. For me, that hasn't happened at a book signing, but maybe it has for others? Though most author events I go to don't have cover models there, and there are very few men in the vicinity so maybe that's why? Who knows.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this book. It was short and sweet. I would have loved more in this story, and I definitely would have loved to read about Jackson's thoughts when he first saw and talked to Zara.

I'm glad I finally got a chance to read this and I've enjoyed a few of Karli Perrin's novels, so I'll keep a lookout for more by her in the future!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment