Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Review: Dangerous to Know & Love by Jane Harvey-Berrick

Dangerous to Know & Love Dangerous to Know & Love by Jane Harvey-Berrick
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Overall, I enjoyed this book. The beginning, for me, was the best part. Toward the middle and the end, it just felt like Daniel was always moody and brooding and he was very short tempered. He was more aloof and mysterious at the beginning, which is why I enjoyed it more. After awhile, his attitude got on my nerves too much and I just wanted him to talk to Lisanne and explain what was going on.

This book was a bit longer than it needed to be, honestly. A lot of the things that happened could have been summed up faster than what the author did, but I do appreciate an author who tries to give the whole picture instead of skimming through it.

Lisanne was an interesting character. She seemed to have a few different personalities that always clashed with each other, but she wasn't a two-faced character or anything. She was trying to figure out who she really was without the influence of her parents or her small town living that she was used to.

I did like the big reveal about Daniel and how well adjusted he is. The situation with his older brother was a bit much, but it added more drama to the story, though I don't think it really needed more drama.

Overall, I'm glad I got a chance to read this, though I don't think I loved it as much as other readers have liked it, if the reviews give any indication.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment