Friday, October 11, 2019

Review: Sweet Promise by Jennifer Woodhull

Sweet Promise Sweet Promise by Jennifer Woodhull
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I really wanted to like this book, but it was just okay for me. I wasn't able to finish it because I just didn't really have the connection with the characters that I needed to keep me invested in this story. There's nothing wrong with this book, though, I just didn't like the way the characters talked or even how they were acting. Lucas is supposed to be a playboy, but he's taking every little thing that happen to him into his present life, which is really messing with his head and making him a somewhat troubled person. He can't make any decisions, and he runs so hot and cold with Georgia I'm surprised she's not getting whiplash from the way he jerks her around.

And Georgia. She's this innocent naive 20 year old who is just getting into the Hollywood world. But it's like she has two different personalities as well. I understand that characters are supposed to develop throughout the novel, but it's just too much all at once and they don't really learn from their experiences.

Since I got this for free on Amazon, I'm not too bummed that I didn't really like it. But I'm sure that many readers will find the story well written and the characters likable. It just wasn't for me, sadly.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment