Monday, October 21, 2019

Review: Girl in Luv by Jay Crownover and Rebecca Yarros

Girl in Luv Girl in Luv by Jay Crownover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank heavens this was advertised on Facebook and I bought both books in this series for $0.99 each (though this book would be worth any price!). I instantly fell in love with this story and the characters. I really shouldn't be surprised since I love both of these authors. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't discover them sooner!

I adore these two characters. Langley is one tough chick. To deal with that hostility in her own home for years because she knows how happy they made her father is an act of selflessness that is beyond words. I couldn't have done it. I probably would have went to jail for committing murder to be honest with you. Langley is such an amazing person who is just trying to start her own life and get away from the snobby people she grew up with.

And Iker... man oh man! He is also so selfless and amazing. What he does to take care of his brother is amazing. And the directness and frankness he gives to Langley's father? A man after my own heart. The letter he wrote at the end? Basically had me in tears.

Their situation is tough and hard, but I don't agree on the decision that was made... one sided I might add. I'm so curious to see how things end up in book #2 and I know that they will both make the other one work to gain the trust back between them again.

I will definitely be telling all my friends to read this series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment