Monday, April 23, 2012

BED4 Day #23: "Happy Dance"

You know when people who work 5-6 days a week want a week off and be lazy? Or the ones who don't have a job and are dying to work just one day to get rid of their boredom? The same way one feels about homework? (Well, maybe, I'm not missing it yet.)

Well I'm the latter. I got to work today! I know, all of you who have a busy week ahead of you are shaking your heads and wondering what in the world is wrong with me.

It's not that I'm working again, though. I got to work in a LIBRARY today! It's been years, years, since UD and Augustana days. And boy have I missed it!

I also liked today because I was able to work in a public library - something that I haven't done yet. I hope I get more days to work there to really experience a public library vs. an academic library.

Basically, I'm the person the library director calls if she or her assistant can't come in, mainly early afternoon. So while I don't get to work that much, I'm still a happy camper :-)

I didn't do too much today, considering it's a small library. I checked out books and checked books in from the weekend returns.

I did have a lot of overdue books that I had to make fine slips for... Giving the newbie some trouble, haha.

Other than that, I discarded 10 books that the director left for me and I faxed a document for a patron. The faxing was a little weird so hopefully I did it right.

Overall, I was very excited to work again and the first day went very well :-) Hopefully I get to work more in the near future to keep me from dying of boredom!

No comments:

Post a Comment