Monday, April 16, 2012

BED4 Day #16: Which One Is Better?

To go along with my music post yesterday, I found this Article  about a now, very hip, very popular song that is being played in tons of TV shows in the last few weeks.

Have you heard of "Somebody I Used to Know" by Gotye? No? Well if you haven't, there are a few versions below.

If you have, did you realize that 4 TV shows (American Idol, SNL, The Voice, and Glee) have done variations of this song? From April 3rd to April 15th? That's a lot of publicity for this song!

Below I've put the links or videos for you to enjoy. And maybe you have a favorite one out of the bunch? I certainly do!

Gotye and special guest Kimbra sang his original song, "Somebody I Used to Know" on Saturday Night Live during the April 15th episode. Here's the link (I couldn't get the video to upload in here): http://www.hulu.com/watch/350672/saturday-night-live-gotye-somebody-i-used-to-know


Pentatonix, winner of The Sing Off during Season 3 and won on Nov. 28, 2011, sang a version of Gotye's song in Nov. 2011 (This was not currently, but I absolutely love this version!):



Glee star Darren Criss with guest start Matt Bomer on April 10th:



American Idol contestants Elise Testone and Phillip Phillips on April 11th:



The Voice contestant Lindsey Pavao during the April 3rd show:


Which one do you like the most? Are you now tired of this song, haha?

No comments:

Post a Comment